Week 7: The Dreaded Weekly Email
Hola!
Where to begin since the last time? Welp, the last night in Peru all the girls got together to take photos together… There were too many of us so I put my comp on my shoulders so we could fit. You all remember the bladder problem I mentioned my companion had right?! Hmmhmm. Yup. She started laughing and then proceeded to pee allllll over me. I felt warmth start at my shoulders and begin to trickle down my back. GROSS. But I sure do miss that comp, bladder problems and all.
I am now with my new companion in Bolivia. Yup, I made it here alive. Take one moment to picture what you think my companion is like… She´s from Bolivia. She speaks ZERO English (well she did a week ago, but we´re working on that) AND! She´s 34. HA. I´m no longer the oldest one here. We´re probably the oldest companionship there ever was.
This week has been pretty great. Bolivia is wonderful. It´s Beautiful. It has all sorts of odd smells but it is so Pretty. And everyone really is so nice!
Things I love:
- My dictionary. My dictionary is literally my new best friend. Sad, I know. About every seven words I look at my companion and say, ¨un minuto, por favor¨ and then I proceed to pull out my pocket dictionary and try to figure out what is going on.
- Trying to teach my companion english. It makes me realize even more how terrible I probably sound. The other day she was trying to remember the word for up and she said the f-word. I just started dying with laughter and then realized I´ve probably done something like that multiple times.
- I got to watch conference in ENGLISH. Best. Two. Days. Ever.
Things I´m learning to love:
- The dogs here. They are literally everywhere. And they are CONSTANTLY getting it on. Nasty.
- The constant fear I have of the food. I always pray people don´t offer me food… unless it´s ice cream. Our neighbor makes us lunch every day and the other day she made us her version of ¨root beer floats¨. She took raw eggs, whipped them, added sugar and then put that foam on top of coca-cola. The whole time I could here my dad saying, ¨salmanila poisoning¨… and yet I continued to slowly take tiny sips as she watched me.
- Oh my gosh. COMPANIONSHIP PRAYERS have made it back on the list. I thought it was weird at the CCM (MTC) but now! Oh my. Like every 27min, I swear. I just have to smile and say si. The other night she got me out of bed at 11 to do companionship prayers. UH WHAT, I mean… Si.
- My companion loves to return home late and then take FOREVER with planning. Um. I need dinner. and I need sleep.
Comments
Post a Comment